No lead

• 3 Replies

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
No lead
« on: 15 February 2013, 16:30:38 »
Recently I've played on some other servers with some pretty good players. They all agree with each other that LEAD is better, but I've been disputing this!

Why people prefer lead:

1) Players joining with lead must have a 2 - 150 ping to play properly.
2) It takes concentration.
3) Lead gives more protection to being shot (I have experience of this).
4) Scrims are generally in lead.
5) Halo on PC was made for lead.
6) Lead is on both halo Custom Edition and Combat Evolved.
7) When a player has been playing a game for multiple years in a certain way, why would they want to change?

So why is no lead better in my opinion?

1) It evens the playing field - Players with 200+ ping have just as much chance to kill a player with a 30 or a 100 ping. If anyone has ever played halo with lead on a server with a 200+ ping, you'll know it's near impossible to play. Everything has delay.

2) Shots are on target. You shoot on target and you hit. What's the problem in that? This is why I don't understand players who play with lead. With lead you have to aim off target to hit the player... What's the point in that? No other games (that are any good) seem to do that. So, why do 'good' players have a problem with that?

3) It's fun! What's the point in playing with lead and not being good at shooting? No lead gives players with even the worst of ability to play well against good players. I've been killed numerous times by players who have no f*cking clue what they're doing. But you know what? I bet they had fun doing it -  and I have fun dominating these nubs anyway!

4) Given new life to an old game. Halo is a game which well, was dying. Suddenly I've noticed that since no lead as appeared, lots of players come back to a server because they know they can play well, even if they're not mega fussed on the game. No lead has definitely helped bring people back to the game.

So, in everyone else's opinion, is no lead a good or a bad thing? Would you ever go back to playing with or do you ever use lead? Do you think we should put our servers back to being played with lead? Give us your opinion below (:!!

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
Re: No lead
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2013, 17:37:53 »
 :o The servers will stay as they are ::)
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

mr#jungle

« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2013, 02:05:46 »
Still not undertstanding why no lead was made. is 10 years halo out, ppl are used to play with delay. :-X
Dont blow ppl mind, its supposed to play halo without lead;)

mr#jungle

« Reply #3 on: 17 February 2013, 15:00:48 »
I change my mind lill bit..
I dont see any bad if admins ll put no_lead to ON, because is personal choose.
before i was thinking - if lead is on then all need to play with lead mod;D