Moderators?

• 20 Replies

NightFox

Moderators?
« on: 27 June 2014, 19:24:43 »
I am not sure if we have them or something like that. members with little power that can restore some order in a server when its needed. otherwise i would like to know who they are if they are needed because lot of times when i play, people seem to dont give a shit about rules. and sometimes even tell you that they dont give a shit. and if there were some members that are pretty active ,they could maybe have little powers like silencing and kicking only? maybe it is a bad idea or maybe not.

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
Re: Moderators?
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2014, 19:36:43 »
We generally only give admin rights to people who can be trusted with the adminship. This is generally why we don't have many admins... We've found in the past that some people abuse their rights and end up messing everything up / giving the clan a bad name, and so admins are selected based on whether they are trustworthy or not.

It is obviously possible to give people small adminship, but as we have ~40 servers, it's a lot of hassle having to set everything up / edit every file for every server.

NightFox

« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2014, 19:44:22 »
We generally only give admin rights to people who can be trusted with the adminship. This is generally why we don't have many admins... We've found in the past that some people abuse their rights and end up messing everything up / giving the clan a bad name, and so admins are selected based on whether they are trustworthy or not.

It is obviously possible to give people small adminship, but as we have ~40 servers, it's a lot of hassle having to set everything up / edit every file for every server.

mhmm i see. and i didnt kow you had to edit alot of files for somebody is admin rights. i understand that. well thats a bummer then.

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2014, 21:12:44 »
As a low-level admin myself, but kinda offline right now, can't do anything for now.

I'm on a family reunion, meeting others, travelling across the whole country, I don't have any time to play with you guys, and of course can't moderate the server alone.
Even it is summer, I can't find free time ;D

I should be back into business the next weekend +- few days if we have a good time.
And since gamespy is going to shut down 4~ days from now on, it's kinda possible that most of these "douche-Im-not-obeying-rulez" players going to be wiped out, there would be less to moderate.. But I hope we are not going to suffer from player loss :(

So yeah, Eagle going to be back in business 8|
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

jorisdemiraj

« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2014, 01:24:23 »
It would be nice assigning a server to each moderator to watch. I dont mean forcing them to play only on a specific server or be mod only on that server but time time during his gameplay keep an eye on his server that he will be managing. Servers can be chosen by the head admins or the mods themselves. Sometimes a mod might have a higher level on his server he is watching then the others. The reason of doing this so every server has at least an admin that will watch or manage it instead of being unadmined whioe other servers have 4-5 admins playing everyday. Kinda like the mentor thingy but server based rather then player based.

{XG} IA ROLAND

« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2014, 01:37:24 »
I am not sure if we have them or something like that. members with little power that can restore some order in a server when its needed. otherwise i would like to know who they are if they are needed because lot of times when i play, people seem to dont give a shit about rules. and sometimes even tell you that they dont give a shit. and if there were some members that are pretty active ,they could maybe have little powers like silencing and kicking only? maybe it is a bad idea or maybe not.
That's true. In the extinction server there is a lor of people that glitch and when we play we can?t do nothing ok just call an admin but if the admins is not online what we can do?... nothing. I know that is a lot of work to make someone an admin of a server and that sometimes the person that you make admin is not the correct person to do that job. Continuing with the extinction server one player say me that one person called ~KARLA~ have admin rights and i don?t see any ~KARLA~ in the {XG} CLAN so what happen?  the person who say me that says that ~KARLA~ was banning persons of the extinction server... so...

Offline LOLOx

• +36/-1
  • I'm never in a hurry, i'm just movin' fast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2014, 02:18:08 »
There's absolutely NO WAY that girl ~KARLA~ has administrator rights. I used to check the extincion servers everyday but for one thing Y2K has admin rights and she's always playing in there and every time i join there's always a guy who says "hey! stop doing that! an admin just joined". I'm not sure if they're kidding or what but that's the classic behaviour of a glitching noob.
"Illness might have took your body but it could never take your soul... Long live Rock 'N Roll"

If LOLOx could walk on water, haters would say it's because he can't swim.

Nmsc

« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2014, 03:44:46 »
About "Karla" is false that. And Roland some people said that you have a a problem with me so, if you tell me maybe we can solve it.

One more thing and its for you ROLAND, if you dont like my admin rights tell to Gijs, Ok!. I never asked for admin rights, gijs gave me this, but if you want to have that rights ASK HIM AND STOP  TALKING ABOUT ME BEHIND MY BACK. A guy told me that you said "I WILL TAKE Y2K PLACE" what place roland? What is your problem uh? P.D I never have banned Bill Roland

Nmsc

« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2014, 03:50:39 »
That's true. In the extinction server there is a lor of people that glitch and when we play we can?t do nothing ok just call an admin but if the admins is not online what we can do?... nothing. I know that is a lot of work to make someone an admin of a server and that sometimes the person that you make admin is not the correct person to do that job. Continuing with the extinction server one player say me that one person called ~KARLA~ have admin rights and i don?t see any ~KARLA~ in the {XG} CLAN so what happen?  the person who say me that says that ~KARLA~ was banning persons of the extinction server... so...
Once again, ROLAND I HOPE YOU TELL ME WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME. The IP-Bans?, Ok i will wait & accept any order from the admins Gijs and Bill

{XG} IA ROLAND

« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2014, 05:08:37 »
The thing if KARLA i say that someone tell me i don t say that i saw it ok... Y2k i don t say that you are a bad admin in the text " i say it? I put that are people that  don t use their "power of admin" in the correct way. I m not interested in that "powers" so I don t have nothing bad to you and all you put in the text were rumors why? Because other players say me that so many what s the problem?

{XG} IA ROLAND

« Reply #10 on: 28 June 2014, 05:12:12 »
Y2K YOU PERSONALLY  TOLD ME WHAT HAPPEN IN THE SERVER SO I DON T KNOW WHY YOU ARE RE OPENING THE PROBLEM
« Last Edit: 28 June 2014, 05:58:27 by {XG}ROLAND »

csb26

« Reply #11 on: 28 June 2014, 05:51:18 »
Easy easy, lets not open our anger treasure box  :D.... Y2K it must be rumor (although i dunno Roland well) , but lets not go off topic, and i don't think  any of XG's admin abuses his/her power or overuse it at present .

Nmsc

« Reply #12 on: 28 June 2014, 06:06:08 »
K go off

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
« Reply #13 on: 28 June 2014, 13:50:45 »
 ::)

Whats all the fuss about? ???
If you have a problem with one of our admins report it to me or bill, so that we can look in to it.
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

Nmsc

« Reply #14 on: 28 June 2014, 18:01:40 »
That guy Roland is angry cause accord with him and other noobtube extincion players "Y2K ban just for personal reasons" and he want to take my place as admin