Decrease ping in halo

• 8 Replies

Offline {XG}Light

• +17/-8
    • View Profile
Decrease ping in halo
« on: 20 March 2013, 14:11:17 »
As you know the thing that most bothered by the lag in a game are too many players that come out when participants have high ping. Unfortunately, the fault is not anybody or rather the fault of those who hosta a game or a server and does not have enough speed connection herself too far and will have more players in the game and there will be more lag;
Here in this guide will explain how to change the settings for the best halo and various operations to the registry to have slightly more low ping

? Avoid foreign servers and play in the Italian otherwise it's obvious that the packets from the foreign server will it take more time to arrive

? First thing in the settings of halo configure like this:
- 640x480 (or even 800x480)
- Vsync no
- No mirror
- No shadows
- No reasons
- No particles
- Low quality texure

? Once this is done you can go to the registry.
To open the registry Do
-Start
-Run
-Write regedit

in other operating systems as well as for example in the xp windows 7 key will not run, then go into the Windows folder, which is located in the local hard disk and install the operating system and find a file called regedit that will have as icon cube green water

Once open regedit and follow this path by opening the various "tabs" with the most simbolino: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Tcpip \ Parameters \ Interfaces \

? When you get there will be various sections of the codes you examine them all and see the one that contains the following keys shown here ----> http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3430/immaginep.gif

In the other pane, right-click that then inside with right click> New> String Value> name it TcpAckFrequency
-Give the ok with sending and click that again on the right
-Go to edit, and where there is data value and enter 1 ridate confirmation

But there's still here because now you will go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ MSMQ \ Parameters
- Click with the right button always in the right pane with the key and select New, DWORD (32-bit) and call Tcpnodelay
- Then always right-click on it and click edit and write one check on the hex

if you have a different operating system than xp could happen that you do not find the string MSMQ do not be alarmed http://home.tele2.it/armoredclub/msmq.zip go here and download the key already changed, just extract it and double-click the left x add it to the registry automatically

Unfortunately it is not over yet here
- Return to the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Tcpip \ Parameters
- Right-always in the right pane containing the various keys select New, DWORD (32-bit) and call GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize
Then-always right click on it> Edit> and put ffff with hex popped .... and we're done with this

ah I recommend for the values ​​that I have given you cut and paste sn wrong because if I tell you already that the situation will improve but rather worsen then for changes to take effect restart the pc

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
Re: Decrease ping in halo
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2013, 14:29:17 »
1 Not everybody is from Italian
2 lowering the graphics settings increasing your FPS but won't reduce your ping (although it does reduce lag if you have an old/cheap PC) ...
3 Halo doesn't use TCP, it uses UDP so the registry tweaks for TCP won't help.
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

jorisdemiraj

« Reply #2 on: 20 March 2013, 14:37:32 »
so the only solution is ..get a better internet connection?

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2013, 14:45:43 »
A lot of the time, pings can be determined by PC hardware as well as the internet connection.

For instance, when connected to the same connection as my PC, my laptop can get up to 40ms higher ping. Why you may ask? Because it has a slower / older architecture and the hardware is less powerful. This is why for gaming, PCs win over laptops :D

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
« Reply #4 on: 20 March 2013, 14:51:07 »
Doubt it, your hardware handles everything so fast that it won't affect pings.

You are probably seeing this difference because your laptop uses Wi-FI and your pc is connected by wire which is a lot faster.
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

Offline {XG}aLTis

• +22/-5
  • It's better to be broken than to break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2013, 15:50:02 »
My laptop (which uses wifi) has lower ping than my old pc. And I think ping mostly depends on the distance to the server. Fore example if I play in USA server, I get 100-120 ping and if I play in lithuanian server, I get 20-30 ping.

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2013, 15:52:35 »
Doubt it, your hardware handles everything so fast that it won't affect pings.

You are probably seeing this difference because your laptop uses Wi-FI and your pc is connected by wire which is a lot faster.

I've connected both up to the same router using ethernet cables, my PC had 15 ping to the server, my laptop had 42 ping. I disabled wi-fi on both devices yet my laptop still had a much higher ping.

jorisdemiraj

« Reply #7 on: 20 March 2013, 17:15:02 »
I should really buy a new pc.

Offline {XG}Silver Basilisk

• +8/-1
  • For all we are. We are truly only one
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 March 2013, 13:16:12 »
i have everything on the highest graphics xD
i get like 200-250 ping due to the RANGE OF CONNECTION xD and kross you are getting kicked alot with me and WU too ? due to high ping