Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
Forum is back online!
« on: 06 July 2016, 02:04:01 »
As you might have noticed, the forum has been down for quite a while. This was due to an incompatibility with PHP 7.
I was hoping to had this fixed earlier but we had some bugs in the PHP implementation which took quite a while to fix and I also suddenly got busy with work and my study, as such I couldn't spend hours on debuging and testing new stuff.

Anyway, I now have vacation as well as some of the other people that are still around (e.g. Andy/Bill and Chris/14lol41).

So we've recently started working on making a plan to "Make {XG} Great Again"

I've already put some effort into updating our servers, since some of the old settings didn't even work any more thanks to SAPP not having backwards compatibility but still doing auto update's..

Additionally I've put some time into tweaking our all vehicle server on Halo Combat Evolved (Yes you read that right, not Custom Edition!)
Some of these changes are listed below and have also been brought to the rest of our Halo servers (including Custom Edition)

• Ping kick replaced with warp/lag detection and kill
  • Map voting and skip disabled when under 8 players, to run popular maps only which keeps the server full
  • Prevent grenade spam, while still having infinite nades (sort of) with a LUA script
  • Improved camp detection, only enabled when there are a lot of players in the server and only on select servers
  • Improved vehicle camp detection, which re spawns the vehicle. Also great to get rid of AFK drivers
  • Optimized Halo sleep time, for players with low pings like me  8)
  • Improved detection of aimbots and glitches 8)
Additionally, we've been working on making our Zombie server back the way it used to be before it lost it's rank.

Stay tuned for more news, we have some big changes in mind to make this community/clan active again!
« Last Edit: 07 July 2016, 01:09:38 by Gijs »
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting