Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
Plan: bringing transparancy to the clan
« on: 08 April 2015, 00:42:21 »
Since I often see posts about someone discussing the actions of our admins and other players on our servers and since I don't have the time to go trough all the log files I was looking for a solution to this.

I think it would be a good idea to make the log files public, Altis will check if the log files contain any confidential data (e.g. passwords when logging in with rcon or what ever) and if they don't I'll be looking in to a method to make the log files publicly accessible.

I'll try to implement this for our SAPP servers first, if everything works fine we will also do this with our servers on Halo: Combat Evolved.
As for Halo: Combat Evolved: I'll look for an anti aimbot script, are there any other things that need to be updated/fixed on these servers?

Please vote on the poll, if you think making the logs public is a bad idea please reply with your reason(s).
If you have any recommendations for our Halo: Combat Evolved servers you can also post them here.

If you have any other suggestions to make the clan more transparent please let me know. :)
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

Ambu

Re: Plan: bringing transparancy to the clan
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2015, 05:28:14 »
Finally, good to hear you guys addressing about the botting issue on combat evolved.
These are my personal requests for changes for the combat evolved servers, but they arent very important.
1) In the anti-bot script, if someone is botting, dont ban them...just kick them. Some of the botters are my friends and i really like playing with them, just dont like them using bot.
2) script to prevent blocking base with tanks in deathisland: http://pastebin.com/7LMm3T4t
3) anti-camping
3) afk-kick.
Thank you, love playing on xg servers :)

prmi

« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2015, 13:45:45 »
botters should be banned even if they are ur friends

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2015, 16:43:22 »
botters should be banned even if they are ur friends

I agree with this, but then you get the odd person who's been banned for botting who wasn't botting.. e.g. ME.

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2015, 19:00:06 »
It appears that the logs do contain passwords and other data.. so we will need to look for a solution to strip this data out.
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

foxete91

« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2015, 11:03:28 »
For me it is not a problem (the password and stuff) , I trust on you Gijs and admin team.