Use Of Rocket Launchers

• 5 Replies

roast

Use Of Rocket Launchers
« on: 31 December 2014, 20:00:06 »
In servers like All Vehicle CTF and Classic CTF I think using the rocket launcher against infantry would add to the experience - especially with the former server. I never understood how there could be four tanks in a game (all with infinite ammo with more power and splash damage than rockets which only have four projectiles upon first pick up) that can kill infantry while using rocket launchers is unallowed. And in Classic CTF the rocket launcher is unique because it functions as a power weapon in which opponents battle for its use which adds a twist to gameplay as opposed to the sniper rifle which spawns on each side. Its use is not looked down on in competitive gameplay. What do you guys think? I personally acquiesce to the rule.

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
Re: Use Of Rocket Launchers
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2014, 22:59:19 »
It depends on the map, on the small maps it's very annoying for example in the tunnels and other small parts where the tanks can't get.
Think of maps like danger canyon.

Also on public servers it's kinda lame since who ever gets their first gets it, and those are usually the noobs who act like douchbags to players with better skills.
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

roast

« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2015, 04:36:29 »
There is also the issue of people who are about to get in or just got out of a vehicle which causes people to use the rocket launcher anyway.

prmi

« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2015, 07:59:53 »
From My side, rockets would be good for maps like blood gulch but for maps like wizard, no.

AnonAymous

« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2015, 16:25:00 »
No rockets in my opinion

roast

« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2015, 02:23:44 »
There are some custom maps though that have a specific function for the rocket launcher. Absolutely disabling rocket launchers would impact gameplay negatively in those cases.