Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
Updating website
« on: 02 October 2014, 17:36:11 »
Since Cloudflare is now offering free SSL for free accounts I've decided to make use of it.
We are currently migrating our website to cloudflare to speed up the loading of our website by using a CDN and also getting SPDY support.

"With the new roll out of Universal SSL, Users may need to wait up to 48 hours for their site to have a SSL certificate generated for their domains. During the first few days of the Universal users may need to wait longer as we process all users for SSL."
Because of this, you might receive a certificate warning while trying to visit the forums, this should be resolved within a few days.

Additionally I've made some optimizations on our webserver and database which should also result in slightly faster loading and made some updates to the website software.
« Last Edit: 02 October 2014, 17:48:48 by Gijs »
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

NightFox

Re: Updating website
« Reply #1 on: 03 October 2014, 18:12:18 »
yeah i got warning too, about cloudfare when trying to get to the forum as well. but when i go to www.xgclan.com it looks different. see the picture. is this going to be alright? or something wrong at my side?

Offline Blazer

• -=CЯУPTΞЖ=-
  • +78/-1
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2014, 18:49:57 »
It's not only you. Most of the website's broken.

Offline Gijs

• Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2014, 21:48:06 »
As I said;

"With the new roll out of Universal SSL, Users may need to wait up to 48 hours for their site to have a SSL certificate generated for their domains. During the first few days of the Universal users may need to wait longer as we process all users for SSL."
Because of this, you might receive a certificate warning while trying to visit the forums, this should be resolved within a few days.

Offline Gijs

• Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2014, 12:10:09 »
I've disabled cloudflare for the moment being, since the SSL certificate is still issuing.

Offline Gijs

• Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2014, 11:33:13 »
Cloudflare has been enabled again, if you still have issues please try and clear your browser cache.
If the issue still exists in 48 hours please let me know.

Also updated the forum software and replaced the background since the old one was loading very slowly(from a third party server) and made it load with https again (no more security warnings :D )

Just noticed SPDY has not been enabled yet, just contacted cloudflare to get this solved since it should be part of the free plan which they offer.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2014, 13:18:08 by Gijs »