Server change?

• 15 Replies

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
Server change?
« on: 01 September 2014, 19:33:18 »
Hi guys!

I've been looking at our servers recently and it's made me think about how empty a lot of servers are. It's made me think about how pointless it is to run certain servers as no one seems to play in a handful of the servers that we run.

I would like to suggest the following change... Of course, as I r teh admin, I would volunteer myself to implement the changes (seems as I still have some free time atm).

{XG}CustomMaps CTF server - I would like to change both the maps and gametypes which we run on this server. I would like to introduce the Race, Slayer, TeamSlayer, TeamSniper gametypes. As for maps, I would like 4 BIG maps, 4 medium sized maps and 4 small maps.  These can be totally up for discussion. If you guys have any suggestions please say. My suggestion would be Precipice and the Halo 3/4 Valhalla maps!

I also think our custom maps server needs some input from {XG}'s own map developer - Altis. I expect everyone knows him, but if you don't, he's a great guy who makes amazingly good maps. I would love to run Bigass and maybe even Snowdrop should Altis be cool with that! ;)

{XG}AMBUSH - I don't think this server is needed at all.

I would like to shut the ambush server down and replace it with a Cake © style server. A mix of gametypes, no radar, default maps, 10 sec spawns.. Generally make it a place where we can get a good variety of players. I have had many, many, many people say to me that {XG} should make a cake style server, but with cake being so popular I didn't think there was any need (especially as TG are great people).  Now cake is gone, I see the need for a good server! For all those who never played on the © server, it was one of the most popular. It attracted some of the best players around and was a great social place :)

{XG}ALL VEH - This server is one of our most popular servers. But it annoys me that unlimited nades are on. I understand this is our 'noob friendly' server, but damn. Trying to play Danger Canyon on this server is impossible. It's just 100% nade spam. I would like to take unlimited nades off of certain maps or maybe all together.

{XG}Scrim NL - By BillClinton - I will be adding Longest to the selection.

So yeah, I'll probably have more ideas along the way. How would you guys feel about these changes? Do you have any suggestions or ways to improve our servers? Let us know in the comment section below. I am BillClinton, and I approve this message ;)

Offline {XG}aLTis

• +22/-5
  • It's better to be broken than to break.
    • View Profile
Re: Server change?
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2014, 19:46:23 »
That pic tho.

Custom maps server really needs a change, I will make a list of good maps that should be hosted there. I think it would be best if it hosted maps designed for few players because its not often that a lot of players join a custom map.

I don't think I ever played on cake server, sounds like a good idea. Most people play ambush on POQ server anyway because it has fake players which always show the map on the server list.

AnonAymous

« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2014, 23:28:58 »
-ALL VEH: No infinite nades, it's boring... but we can leave 2 frag and 2 plasma.

csb26

« Reply #3 on: 02 September 2014, 07:42:48 »
My suggestions
1. XG scrim- bill sv  :   Please add Prisoner map along with longest as last time i skipped 11-13 times for prisoner map but still got no prisoner option to vote for ..

2. I agree with removing infinite nades from all vehicle sv , 2 plasma plus 2 frag is more than enough

3. Stupid idea, but i would love to play race in bigass sv , big map, awesome vehicles plus weapons , will be fun.

4. We have  2 XG USA Zombies , 2 XG USA classic CTF and 2 USA Coldsnap CTF , we can remove 1 server each respectively and can add  new servers like bill suggested.

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
« Reply #4 on: 02 September 2014, 14:26:10 »
All veh is noob friendly?

Soooo eagle got his suggestions again to make the game "more fun"
How about only 1 tank per team? I agree with the unlimited nudenades, 2 each is more than enough ;D
Also, since I don't really play on that server (always rq'd after I died 5 times in a row by tank campers) friendly fire should be on.
Since there is only 1 tank each, I don't think newbs will let others drive their precious scorpion :))

Also, give AR unlimited ammo, 500m range of efficiency, accuracy like pistol and damage like flamethrower (I can't be serious sometimes)

Also, I think the problem is not the unpopular designs or everything like that.. our servers are in the first few pages, if you look at them by their names (most servers are popular because their messed up names, which ranks them high on the first page, and if you install halo the first time, servers are showed by names.. so newbs need no time to join them)
We just joined classic ctf few days ago, when it was 0/16.. started doing 1v1 and a minute later a guy joined (it was me vs them) and got like 12 kills, died only 5 times ;D then others joined, left, and made a 2v2 against a guy named ~X! and K98 if I remember right.. must be the most entertaining 2v2 I ever had, all of us got the same skills, tactics, and in reality.. it is hard to fight against the exact yourself which fights and thinks like you ;D

Anyway, we just need to threat the server like scrim, then other will join soon after that, since it is well-known server. Who would like to join if there is nobody? But when there at least 1-2 person/people, admit it, you join :))

I would like to start doing this everyday, but since my mother knows that I will have my final exams in like 6-7 months, "I need to study" not to mention that I had to make a repetition today out of sudden without learning yesterday, and got B (actually, in Hungary i've got 4, but it is easier to understand for real englishmen ;D I have my forms and habits to learn things, and voilá, I managed to get a good grade even without any practice before doing it. The other things is that my mouse is dying, don't really let me click with LMB, soooooooo it sucks, again :o (and I feed him daily, don't call the PETA)

So let me summarize: nonononononoonnon, and yes, but maybe
We've got one of the most popular servers, eu and usa ones, but since the betrayal of Gamespy, halo is kinda a dead end for gamers like us. Also, it's almost a 12 year old game, just like Freelancer, and there our most popular server is visited by about fifty thousand of people, average is 80 at any given moment. Also, I noticed that most of the time, there is about 400 servers online 24/7, but only 500  players in the top hours. Not to mention different preferences, servers, ping and things like that.
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

foxete91

« Reply #5 on: 02 September 2014, 14:45:00 »
I will be short, as allways

I think grenades in ALL VEH must be less. 2 of each type is far enough. I'm with Eagle if you put FriendlyFire on it will be very funny. (But we will have to take care about banlist cause there will be a lot of players who kill others easy).

AMBUSH sv: I dont play custom maps, but if it is almost allways empty....recycle :P

BILL SV: All the changes here are really good.

No more comments :D

(I mean im 100% according)

csb26

« Reply #6 on: 02 September 2014, 16:51:48 »
Friendly fire on ?! Seriously  :-\ .....?
There will be more betray  than the kills -.- ...  I'm sorry guys but  I don't agree with this suggestion

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 September 2014, 16:59:19 »
We are not putting friendly fire on. Noobs get in vehicles and they run each other over all the time.. Imagine how many noobs we would ban if we put a 3 betrayal ban on?! We'd ban half of halo!

foxete91

« Reply #8 on: 03 September 2014, 13:54:30 »
We'd ban half of halo!

SWEEEEEEEEEET MUAHAHAHAH xDDD

Pyro999

« Reply #9 on: 03 September 2014, 14:00:16 »
OLDS IS EVIL ._.

Vintage

« Reply #10 on: 08 September 2014, 07:49:13 »
Would the custom maps server have real custom maps?

I'm talking about no modifications of original maps.

CMT Tensity is a pretty good map btw.

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2014, 14:27:27 »
aLTis is deciding which maps go on the custom server!

Anyone who has a suggestion please say, but I trust aLTis's opinion more because he is a pro at custom maps!

Also, this was cake server yesterday:

csb26

« Reply #12 on: 09 September 2014, 21:09:38 »
1:15 -  "HA HA! you can't aim for shit "    me saying to other XG member after stealing kills .

LOL that video made me laugh at 00:40  ;D

Offline {XG}aLTis

• +22/-5
  • It's better to be broken than to break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 September 2014, 15:13:49 »
Sorry I took so long, forgot about this  :-[

How about this list for custom maps?

snowcast - ctf/slayer
no remorse - slayer
turf - slayer
municipality - ctf/king
[h2]_lockout - slayer
tlmp-snowtrap - ctf/slayer
airlock - slayer (without nades pls cuz that breaks gameplay)
gridiron_beta117 - ctf/slayer
m_mlg_amplified - slayer
medical block - slayer/king
sneak - ctf
wizz_pb_0150209 - ctf/slayer
ewok - slayer/king

Offline {XG}Tony117

• +14/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 September 2014, 16:14:53 »
Well I vote EXTINCTION!!!!!!!!!!!! I will give a back rub to who ever sides with me on this. oh and a No Homo
Games I play. Garrys Mod, CSGO, Arma 2(dayz as well), GTA SA MP, Age Of empires II HD, Brawhalla, Pay Day 2.
STEAM: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tony8894

XxxXXXxxXXOpTiCxhAlOXxxX360NoScOpEMnTgexxxXXxxxFaZeClancansuckmydickXXxxXXxxX