Do you think graphics are the main thing to see in a game?

• 3 Replies

prmi

Hi, It's PrMi and I need your opinions for my topic.
The topic is "Do you think graphics are the main thing to see in a game?"
Well in my opinion they are'nt. But for most people they are. Some idiotic people who play watch dogs singleplayer and games like that laugh on Halo CE players and say, "lol, have you seen the graphics?"... They don't have the potential to play it. I think so. Everygame is nice and everygame is not dependent on graphics. I would like to hear your opinions about this. Please let me know. :)

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
Re: Do you think graphics are the main thing to see in a game?
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2014, 19:39:52 »
Hi, It's PrMi and I need your opinions for my topic.
The topic is "Do you think graphics are the main thing to see in a game?"
Well in my opinion they are'nt. But for most people they are. Some idiotic people who play watch dogs singleplayer and games like that laugh on Halo CE players and say, "lol, have you seen the graphics?"... They don't have the potential to play it. I think so. Everygame is nice and everygame is not dependent on graphics. I would like to hear your opinions about this. Please let me know. :)

It's the same as "quality =/= quantity"

Anyway, since I have a bad pc since late 2007, I can't play games from the new era, but have some solution
- Can't play Skyrim... but Gothic 2 NotR is pretty much stolen my heart
- Any 2012-'14 fps with multiplayer option .. I haz halo
- Simulators like Star citizen or something like that?.. Meh, I still play Freelancer, and pretty much owned the whole Discovery RP server.
- MMO's like EVE or anything like that?.. Still playing Darkorbit these days, but I started to love BSGO even better these days

My pc can't really do any miracles, but I have Postal 2, both Half life (ep 1, 2 too) Gothic 1, 2, NFS most wanted is the latest my pc can run, only on lowest graphics and with 20 fps.. Minecraft is famous about the gameplay, not for graphics (even though there are shaders and texture packs for those who own a mini nasa in the basement)

In my case, I go with the gameplay / storyline, and such.. I just couldn't enjoy Skyrim while playing it at my friends house, since the graphics somehow disturbed my veteran eye :)) After that, just went home to attempt some speedruns on Gothic. But, it is really people and their opinions, and preferences.. I stick with gameplay, but my best friends Jimmy used to play ETS 2 on full graphics.. since he need to "see the smoke, lights and everything.. without them, the game can not be enjoyed" yeah with 12 fps .-.

*For the audience* If you have a weak pc, you have more chance to be like those who go only for the gameplay. Yeah, it's like cod black ops vs. Tetris.. and plz tell me, which one you played more? ;D

And as for the real gamers (I define myself one of them) will use any opportunity in their arsenal to be succesful. Like, I sacrifice my graphics and resolution for a few more fps, so I can shot better a little. Also, I just put gamebooster beside this, so another few fps. Then, after everything is good, I can't really concentrate to anything but the objective which must be carried out. If I think about drinking since I'm thirsty, I just lost the hill, or just died, loosing the flag.. D:

Oh yeah one more thing. tl;dr rage is going to happen soon, so another habit of mine is to write everything down I think about atm ;D
little off there, little wisdom NOWHERE, but yeah still going on and telling vegetables .-.

Summary: Eagle goes with gameplay. Graphics is for those who can't get enough with jacking off but need eyegasm every minute :))
I just went tooo far, you can find me in my nest doing nothing
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

jorisdemiraj

« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2014, 00:43:34 »
Depends by the type of game.
I mostly go with the storyline , i have tried some games that they can run even on my calculator but that can annihilate the story of some of the modern day games. The game must have a good plot or an objective in case of games that dont require a plot to attract the player and immerse him in the game's world. In few words to make him forget about the graphics , or the outside world. Thats a true game.
But why it depends by the type of game?
Some games requires good graphics to create the games atmosphere, like the right darkness, fog, particle, combined with the sound effect , like Amnesia or even the latest P.T Sillent Hills game , the graphics made that game 10x scarier and the sound ...oh god...
So my point is everything depends by the game.
And the war between the "graphics fanboys" and "oldschool fanboys" is totally bullshit.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Edit: My explanations have been short and  a bit messy/confusing these days as im going on a lot of stuff like moving house , preparing for university. Also a small brain meltdown but well.... thats normal aye? Lets grab a beer and drink it off...
« Last Edit: 22 August 2014, 00:46:02 by {XG}Joris »

prmi

« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2014, 11:31:21 »
Thanks for your opinions!