• 8 Replies

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
The ultimate question
« on: 10 August 2014, 12:39:02 »
After my return, and playing 9 hours in row, I just can't stop thinking about it.
It was my all-time-favourite question about halo, since whenever skills come in question, this is all that comes in mind.

So, I would like to hear most of your answers, since I couldn't decide after so many years ;D

So, who is better? The guy who gained 49 kill in ffa, with 20 deaths, or the guy who gained the same 49 kill in ffa, but with only 10 deaths? This happened in my halo marathon sooooo many times today, and it still grinds my gears after that ;D

Like, the first person died twice as much as the latter one, but still managed to gain the same amount of kills. Could be suicide, bad spawn, he was killed twice as much as the other, but still managed to get the same amount of points. Also, he spent more time waiting for respawn than the other.
But on the other hand, the other guy got the same kill amount while being more careful, and died half as much as the first one.
Which means, he was good enough to beat more of his opponents while being alive, spent less time waiting, etc.

So in real, who have the upper hand? Who is more skillful? (keep luck out of this question, it's unrelated, and impossible to counter)
First person managed to get as much kill as the other one even waiting more, but the other guy just was careful, and beating most of his enemies, in order to not die, and wait the few seconds.

Please help me, I can't shake it out of my head :))
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

csb26

Re: The ultimate question
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2014, 14:44:17 »
Hypothetical question..
There are many variables which will differ both the situation , like his opponents skills , player's afk.
Of course the stats shows that the 2nd will top the  rank, but there are certain variables which will bring the first guy  to be upper hand (for e.g if  all the players with him in that map had good skills ) .

Well i can explain further with more details but umm... well...... you know Joris can do it better  ;D

Pyro999

« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2014, 19:28:30 »
Hmm Good Question!!
IMO since it was FFA.. Kills should be counted but if it was Team slayer I gotta say it the Otherwise!
Cause In teamslayer you should not Give Unnecesary Kill to the Opposing team
In FFA there is no shit like that.... GET 25- or 50 WIN THE GAME BIATCH!
:D

jorisdemiraj

« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2014, 22:22:38 »
Somebody teached me (the only one that teaches me in Halo) that the most important thing is not to kill 100 times, but to survive once.

I'd rather not to go out killing everyone and believe myself as God, but being very careful, taking coverage and killing when I have the opportunity, without going out like a Rambo man. Preparing strategy. Knowing the enemy. Look for his skills, his habits, and beat him.

So... about your question: we have to take into account that both players didn't join at the same time. Even if they did, we also have to take into account a lot of things: camping, use of noob guns, take of coverage, ping, etc. Let's say all those things are the same (no camping, only pistol, good coverage and same ping). The guy who died less, even having 1 kill less than the other one, is better IMO. Because he was worried to survive, rather than killing everyone.
Hey you should learn that sacrifice for the win its a strategy.. a strategy that i follow resulting me in more deaths than the others . In this case they both are good, depending on the situations they have been in during the game or the style how they play and everything (time,place,ping etc..etc) but the best is the one who has fun during that match as the other guy might struggle to achieve that level , the other guy with most or less deaths might have achieved the same result but he is having fun.

EDIT: Idk what im saying because sometimes im high but everything can be judged if seen from the player's perspective.

Vintage

« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2014, 10:51:51 »
The guy who died lots could have ran into the battlefield and started spraying everywhere.

The guy who died least could have stayed back and shot from a distance.

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2014, 12:14:04 »

The perfect explanation to this matter with a screenshot from few years ago.

As you see, we were both at 24-24, but I only died twice, and he died 19 times.
He spent at least a minute waiting to respawn, had extreme ping, and still managed to keep the head to head until the very end where I beat him in 1v1 - I just died about 0.2 seconds after, cuz nades ;D

Also, he had more assists, which means he had more opportunity to kill, but someone stoled his kill (looking at you csb..:D)

In this ss, both skill and luck, also karma placed bets, but it looks like the randomness of each of us' reflex is the real matter here.
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

Offline {XG}Silver Basilisk

• +8/-1
  • For all we are. We are truly only one
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2014, 13:44:50 »
If the game was a life all you would want to do is survive at whatever means but it's annoying being camped....

If you survive killing a man you are lucky. If a man goes to war and come back alive, he is already dead.
Wise men don't go to war, Wiser men choose not to be born.

Vintage

« Reply #7 on: 19 August 2014, 17:48:18 »
Camping is taking advantage of the spawn of a weapon, the use of the radar and the very good coverage to avoid the enemy. For example, you're walking into the tunnels in Dark Canyon and I'm quiet, that means your radar won't detect me. So I wait until you come, and I shoot you with a rocket. Then I do the same thing with other people. Sniper camping doesn't exist for me, because you have to be good at aiming if you use sniper. That puts you in a hard position, even with good coverage.

If we apply "Real life" in Halo, EVERY player must stay with good coverage, because his life depends on that. That means there's no way to apply real life in a game (we can die with just one bullet, we don't respawn and we don't do half the things you can do in Halo). However, some people like to survive, and struggle a lot not to die and keeping coverage without being unfair with the enemy (using rockets and spamming nades). It's just a playing style, I think Joris is right when he says it's good to "Sacrifice" for a purpose, for example if you want the enemy to focus on you and let the flag guy score.

The image of Eagle shows a lot of things. The guy who had higher ping might have played better, as he struggled to have a good skill even with his condition. That may be the reason for which he died more, but those are just my opinions. We also may see the guy "experto" who died a lot and killed only a few. Maybe Eagle found him more than "Luis Miguel" did, so we may say that for Eagle was "easier" to kill, as "experto" seemed to be a very easy-to-kill player.

ANYWAY

There are a lot of conditions to check before choosing the right sentence, because all of you guys are right in your arguements (IMO), and that's because we play with a different style. (That makes Halo fun  ;D)

MOD: In conclusion, I chose Eagle in the poll  ;D

Lol I don't get what you said

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 August 2014, 18:09:16 »
conclusion, I chose Eagle in the poll  ;D

Lol I don't get what you said

Everything is here my dear friend 8)