Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
Eagle's diary about stuff
« on: 01 August 2014, 16:54:44 »
So yeah, made it home alive, I could be available for the clan event BUT

When I was away, tried to play halo without the 1.10 patch on my portable version.. I was able to play on all the servers listed, but there was like 10 times more servers than players. Arrived, tried halo, turns out we not suffered mass exctinction amongst ours, and I can finally go back to sleep, since I had nightmares about it ;D

Anyway, modified the shortcut with -devmode -console, so I could play on my new firefight maps, turned out to be pretty epic and buggy as hell lol.
Removed the commands o' such, wanted to play a little classic ctf. Started halo, multiplayer, internet games, refresh... nothing happened. (home version is updated to 1.10) I though that my net died for a moment, since when it happens, halo kinda dies. Alt+f4, spent 5 minutes praying to didact so my halo could work again.. net is on, refreshed the server list, nothing happened. Pressed the back button. Halo freezed. I couldn't alt+f4 out my way, can't call the gang of ctrl alt delete, only the reboot could save my day.

Oddly, tried to play whatever it takes. Same happened. Just to inform you, I'm back from holidays, can't play until halo problem solves itself, sorry ;D
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
Re: Eagle's diary about stuff
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2014, 01:29:53 »
Kinda had a workaround, now I can finally see the servers. I was so happy I spilled my glass of milk all over the floor (now it looks like a bad scene after a gang... nevermind), and tried to join XG gulch snipers.. without any luck of successing doing that.

Keep getting the Gathering exception data. Now I, a common mortal, being miserable, and can't even play halo.. I think, never again :|

As you can see, I'm trying to be active, but well.. God is playing a game with me. (Not you, bro)

Still trying to fix the problem, plz don't fire me ;D
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

Offline {XG}Silver Basilisk

• +8/-1
  • For all we are. We are truly only one
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2014, 01:39:41 »

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2014, 01:45:10 »

I'm sorry ~My canadian self

Offline {XG}Silver Basilisk

• +8/-1
  • For all we are. We are truly only one
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2014, 02:01:28 »

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 August 2014, 21:00:09 »

Upon using the the "new" fix (the last one just killed halo, downloaded this one from other site) this is my current full screen. (800x600 resolution)
When launching Halo, this occurs. No problem, still can click on multiplayer to gain access to servers, and at last, I can finally see some of them. BUT, once I try to join ANY kind of server, I just got the Gathering exception data error.

The "light" you see on the picture, is actually my custom ui.map replacement, which supposed to be in the center, where halo gather his power to fire, bla bla

Seems like I made one step forward, and a thousand backwards. If anyone can with "not-so-official" halo can provide me with either information, or help, I could finally return to the "active members" list ;D

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 August 2014, 21:15:24 »
Actually, downloaded another one, and started messing around the files.. "this enables the lobby, this overwrites the display etc"
After a few attempts, I just made my own halo with 3 different kind of updates' files.

Pfhew, I feel gooooood :))

csb26

« Reply #7 on: 10 August 2014, 14:52:35 »
Umm..

Eagle i think if you really need help (i think you do as you'r  having problem with your halo for so long now) , just ask any of our admin to T.V you, and that's all!!! (i would have done that on first hand)  ;)

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 August 2014, 15:55:42 »
Umm..

Eagle i think if you really need help (i think you do as you'r  having problem with your halo for so long now) , just ask any of our admin to T.V you, and that's all!!! (i would have done that on first hand)  ;)

That's what I wanted to try, since this is not a roleplaying topic where I discuss what I did today, what I'm going to do tomorrow, etc. but an universal topic where I can always go back without opening new ones, so I can rage and QQ here, without extra work ;D My hope was that even if I fail, someone can provide me with a working portable version of halo with a working patch, so I can be active more, since I was kinda dead during summer :(

But since I'm not that kind of guy who gives up soon, I just remember how long we suffered while trying to make Halo 2 work on XP, (yeah, downloaded a version, which is compatible with XP) but there was something with the 250 mb patch..
The same as mentioned above, got a working copy of halo, and something extra which should enable some features, in this case for HaloCE the lobby, and in Halo 2, the full single player campaign. 250mb wort of files, .dlls, and much, much more.

Trial and error, we thought.. So, put a file in here, launch halo, wait 2 minutes since the loading time was a nightmare, and if something went wrong, replace it with the backup file, and choose another one. We just picked all the good files (after 2 hours) and is was working at last.
But since the 3 fix was only 5mb at all, with around 10 files, my job wasn't really that hard ;D Figured out that the first patch have an error, witch caused the display malfunction, so just deleted it, and voala, I could finally see the whole ui.map replacement, and so. Put some loader files, one of them caused my halo to crash whenever I click join, and one of the maps is loaded. The third patch had a wrong halo.exe, because it said my license key was invalid. After few minutes, I wrote my success post, where I explained that it finally worked ;D

Oh, and I don't want anyone to annoy with "hey hey help me, do dis, make dis, help that". I just write here what is my problem, and while trying to fix it, I just look here, if anyone have something about the solution. No need to wait hours for somebody to answer, but if I need to, I can still try to fix it for myself. :))

csb26

« Reply #9 on: 10 August 2014, 16:57:37 »
I have a good story for you Eagle, the story fits exactly  ;D

“A little boy was having difficulty lifting a heavy stone.

His father came along just then.

Noting the boy’s failure, he asked, “Are you using all your strength?”

“Yes, I am,” the little boy said impatiently.

“No, you are not,” the father answered.

“I am right here just waiting, and you haven’t asked me to help you.”

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 August 2014, 19:06:48 »
i r stronk :(

csb26

« Reply #11 on: 11 August 2014, 05:44:55 »
Yea you surely are :) , no doubt about that .

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2014, 12:17:51 »
Yea you surely are :) , no doubt about that .

Also half Canadian ::)

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 September 2014, 17:07:16 »
GOOD NEWS

So finally, as my birthday is coming, I decided that I surprise myself with a brand-new graphics card ::)
Nvidia gt 650 or something like that, I don't care about it lol, 2gb, 128bit, and that usual gamer stuff - original price was $150, managed to bid for it for $90 :3

So... screwdriver, hammer, flamethrower all here, gonna do the pc.. At first it was a pain in the arse to put it in it's place, and my usual panicing and this stuff kick in, realizing that I just wasted almost a hundred for a not really useful thing. finally, managed to place it, launch the system bla bla, first problem:

bad resolution, laggy folder grabbing and moving, etc. Actually, made it right, everything is working now, and the final test..
Minecraft is running with +250 fps while standing, ~150 while moving, and having 70 chunk updates with 16 render distance.

Halo with everything enabled, Vsync, and 1366x768 - around 200 fps.

Now, I can finally aim for good, but theeee

BAD NEWS
still shitty net :c gonna play some ac now, lol

jorisdemiraj

« Reply #14 on: 08 September 2014, 18:18:43 »
And im standing here with a nv4_disp problem. Fuck my life.