whole pc is laggy :/

• 4 Replies

wWw_SnipeZ_wWw

whole pc is laggy :/
« on: 16 July 2014, 22:45:27 »
have no clue what happen havent downloaded anything except xfire, halo and steam

and somehow those really annoying ads pops up... ill tested search for virus... says my laptop is fine

so is there a way to reinstall windows without the disc (my laptop dont have a disc tray... dont know why it dont have one)
« Last Edit: 16 July 2014, 22:59:55 by {XG}Sooux -R »

jorisdemiraj

Re: whole pc is laggy :/
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2014, 23:59:41 »
If you have an old pc one of the causes is xfire and steam running on the background. These programs can cause the CPU to work hard (if the cpu is old). You can download (as roland said) cCleaner or Tune up Utilities or AVG Tune up (same corporation made them ) and do a thorough clean up of the pc. Dont forget to disable useless programs running on the background or running on startup. Also do defragmentation and clean the hdd once in 2-3 weeks.

For antivirus the paid ones are the best  , Karspesky or ESET i prefer , as you get what you pay for. Ive used ESET for 4 years now and had no problem. You can crack them, but i wont suggest that. Buying them its better.
For free antivirus use Avast or MCafee. Also the Microsoft Security Essentials its pretty solid.

To install windows through a usb or a usb HDD you need Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. Other than that i wont suggest it. Try using an external Disk Drive. Or install a temporary one so you can boot from the disk.

Source:
Personal Experience + IT friends

wWw_SnipeZ_wWw

« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2014, 00:28:20 »
i tested using my anti virus program again and sadly it detected virus  :'(

one last thing to do is probably reinstall windows... somehow (as i mentioned my laptop dont have a disc tray)

meanwhile i will be active here as much as i can becuse playing halo now isnt a good idea (to much lag)

Offline {XG}Silver Basilisk

• +8/-1
  • For all we are. We are truly only one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2014, 02:58:54 »
Check your computer if its running on high performance.... I was getting mad as it wasn't running like it was only to just realise... its on power saver  :'( :'( :'( Because i use my laptop more like a desktop :P

wWw_SnipeZ_wWw

« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2014, 17:01:34 »
i guess i can download avast but i just want those freaking ads removed forever :P

update: im going for reinstalling windows...
« Last Edit: 17 July 2014, 17:10:32 by {XG}Sooux -R »