How'd you first discover Halo CE?

• 20 Replies

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
Re: How'd you first discover Halo CE?
« Reply #15 on: 01 June 2014, 12:31:12 »
{L?E?}
{TBR}
S7
B3
VEL
e0

ozone

« Reply #16 on: 01 June 2014, 14:04:01 »
I discovered Halo: CE in July 2004, I remember because my birthday was 5 days away. My friend Matt had just moved to Canada, and one day we were talking about when we used to play Halo 1 on the Xbox after school, he let me know that Halo was coming out on the PC and that we could still play together because it was going to be an online multiplayer experience. I will be brutally honest, I almost shit my pants. (Pardon my language, I have no idea if I'm aloud to use those words but it adds to the humor).

I asked my parents for it for my birthday, my dad (Who has been building/fixing computers since America online started) built me my very own computer, and bought me the game. Ten years later, here I am, still three shotting people, still watching Th!wy and i-rein montages, and still loving every moment of this amazing community we have here. It's amazing to look at Halo 2 and Halo 3, wondering; "how can these games be dead, and Halo 1 still be so alive,". But once I start up Halo and hear that intro music, or hear the clicking of the servers as I browse them, I remember that this community has so much love, and so much hate mashed into one game that we make it perfect and fun.

I love you guys. Sorry I haven't slept yet, feeling a bit nostalgic and loving this morning.

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
« Reply #17 on: 01 June 2014, 14:38:02 »
Somewhere in 2003-2004, I was always really interested in computers and usually bought computer magazines.
This magazine came with a DVD with lots of demo software and it had Halo trail on it with a picture of a warthog, so I thought it was a racing game and installed it.

It was the first shooter I played and I didn't knew WASD controls, so I forgot about it..
A few weeks later I was really bored and decided to look in the menu for the controls, and started playing the game.
I played it for a while and did multiplayer on bloodgulch, then one day there was this modded server which had like 10-20 tanks on it and a lot of banshees.
It was so cool that I ran out to the nearest game store and bought the full game ;D

Within a year I started playing on BBT modded servers and I met a Dutch guy on Infinity who asked me to join a clan he was in, which I did.
Within 2 years I started hosting servers for that clan and recruited lots of players for it and I pretty much ran the clan even though I wasn't the admin..
I even maintained my own website for that clan  :P

Because of that and the fact that the clan was called {NC} (Netherlands Clan) even though most players I recruited where not from The Netherlands, made me decided to create my own clan {XG}. That was back in 2007.
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
« Reply #18 on: 01 June 2014, 20:06:07 »
Oh you know, Norba was my clanmate back in <BT>... THE MORE YOU KNOW

In 2004, I was like ten years old + couple of months, when my classmate told me to come over, he got a new pc game from a cereal box.. (yeah suprise breakfast) It wasn't Halo, but Total Immersion Racing, we were really into it, still playing it these days, and in 2004, I always come over to him, just to play with it.. (I bought my first pc in 2007) Later that year, when I come over, he way playing an FPS .. shooting at slow squirrel type of stuff (yeah grunts) and big ass Alien vs Predator things... At first I was like ... "Let's have a race on Sebring" but he didn't stopped playing... after 2 hours of watching, I tried it, and eventually, it was the seventh mission, only zombies... Kinda scared for me the next few hours, since when I was steering, my hands were shaking lol

After couple of months, I started watching videos on Hungarian sites, and became a huge fan of Halo, but still didn't have my own pc..
We used to have lan party with the help of my uncle, and the memories are blurred a little, but I remember playing on both split screen, and different pc's.. in 2006-2007 I infected the whole class (not like the flood) and we used to play 8v8 on our server while attending at our Information & technology class, and at a given moment, our teacher asked us to pass him the usb, since he wants to try it too, lol

Started saving money for my first pc, and installed it from my usb, and still using the portable version. And yeah, I haven't got internet these days, so I just played the campaign in Combat evolved, while letting my CE copy to have a little rest.
Played the campaign back and forth, found several glitches, easter eggs etc. I thought "I'm ready biatch"

When I had my first laggy internet connection with 300~ avg ping (hun servers in the neighbour state had 33-66), back in those good lead server, I tried to rape a guy... with an assault.. from 120 meters... while him just standing behind a rock. 2 seconds later bullet from sniper. I was waiting for the sniper to spawn, since I was like "It's the ultimate weapon oh yeaaaah" the guy started moving, made 4 headshots, not even a scratch. Few matches later I realised that if the ping is lower, the less I have to move my mouse :facepalm:

Kinda mastered leading, even with higher ping, I could play a 133 ping server for 5 minutes, then change to a little TDM with 300 ping and be in the first 3, then go to our server with 33 ping, and play with it.. Call this sophisticated playing lol
Until that day, Krist?f (alias Dozy, Jimmy, my classmate btw) was much better than me, always pwnd me on servers, since he had stable connection. Couple months of training, and in 2008 (17 september to be correct, my birthday ::)) I finally beat him in 1v1, and managed to get my first milestone in my gaming period, beating my best friend, and rival in the same person. We had good times, and I joined <BT>, since the leader's home was about 50km away from me, and we know each other, so after the practice (where I managed to beat him, too) I gained membership in to the Bountyhunter Team, my first clan, also known as <BT>W-Eagle.

Krist?f wanted to join to, to became clanmates, but he failed the test with 25-17 points.. later he joined the BB clan, also known as BB ĐoZy.
Us, the 2 hungarian cannonball, started to make our dedicated server, running every day from 2pm to 10pm, gathering members, friends, and information.. since Bal?zs developed something, called "no-lead" mode. At first I was like "flak yeah, no need to lead my shots, I can be the best!" ... BS.
Forementioned laggy internet makes me to lead even on no-lead servers.. or not. Giving me hard time, even with aiming, and calculating my shots.
2011, my video card is died, and bought a new motherboard... since 2011, I struggling with bad internet connection, low fps, low graphics, and so on..

31 December, 2012.
{XG} Classic ctf, me and Krist?f wanted to celebrate the new year with 24 hours of halo. Where I meet few {XG} members, telling me to join here, since I was good enough (I was 1st every freaking time ;D except ctf, I don't care about flags)
I left <BT>, since Avander was no longer online, exams etc.

1 January, 2013
Fulfilled my application letter to join XG, later I was accepted as a full member, and started gaining rep, and skills.
Still laggy net, worse graphics, the worst fps, and lag.. But still playing. Made a lot of promotion topics, made a b00bies thread (let's not talk about this one, okay Joris? ;D)

I'm member of this awesome clan about 18 months. Come a long way, but eventually Krist?f stopped playing with it in March, and I'm rarely playing on Halo.. sometimes I go on Black servers to be happy about lead servers, but I became worse, day by day.. I have no reason to practice, there are no more clan wars like back in <BT> (don't correct me, I don't want to participate with that net) and the big Hungarian championship..

About 8 years, still can talk about it hours and hours. Actually, I started writing this at 19:25, so yeah.. I'll stop here :P

TOO LONG, DIDN'T READ

I was good player, then sh*t happened
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

Vintage

« Reply #19 on: 02 June 2014, 00:18:34 »
you gaiz r making precious memories leak from meh :'C

AnonAymous

« Reply #20 on: 02 June 2014, 06:46:22 »
... (e.g Adler++) ....

It's really sad how a good player (yes I'm talking about Adler) damages his image by glitching, being annoying and being a f*** $%&# noobtube.

Adler's a fair player. If there's no admin around to kick people who noobtube him, he'll noobtube back (which I don't really have a problem with tbh). If an {XG} goes into the server and tells him to stop, he will. He's a regular player on the servers, he understands the rules. He's always been a nice guy. He's never disrespectful.  He just doesn't like it when people play unfair with him, so he plays unfair back.

...maybe I've played with the wrong Adler. Six times.
could be a coincidence charles I am sure is not about that adler and stop  this topic is about How you discovered halo just let it roll (but of course we can discuss about that in rulebreaker topics) Love you dude  ;D