How'd you first discover Halo CE?

• 20 Replies

Vintage

How'd you first discover Halo CE?
« on: 29 May 2014, 22:59:40 »
I first discovered in 2009 I believe. I was browsing all over youtube and came across CE videos. After watching it, I suddenly got an urge to download it, so I did... Secretly, because I was using the family desktop that time :v.

I was playing on zanzibar then some player joined and we started talking to each other, added each other on MSN and downloaded a bunch of Custom maps.
Staying up half the night playing CE :')
« Last Edit: 29 May 2014, 23:05:28 by Vintage »

csb26

Re: How'd you first discover Halo CE?
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2014, 05:33:22 »
I discovered Halo CE in december 2012 ( yeah i know ,i was a little late  :'( ) , my brother downloaded it and started playing the campaign but i didn't started playing it until i saw TBBT....

jorisdemiraj

« Reply #2 on: 30 May 2014, 10:28:38 »
In 2010. Went to my friend to get a cracked serial key for my game and saw him playing with it.

foxete91

« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2014, 17:13:36 »
I think i discovered Halo CE in 2007 when some people spoke to me about "Custom maps" when playing Halo Pc and i said like "WTF u speaking about".
Then downloaded it and played it like 2 hours...cause i dont like custom maps xD. Some time after i really started to play Halo CE cause it seems to be faster (in everything) than Halo Pc and i like the comunity (that used to be a little bigger than now).
= )

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2014, 18:29:56 »
I started playing halo on xbox when it first came out! It was amazing.  Then, in 2011 my friend brought a 'portable' version of the game into college and my whole college class started playing it (it was awesome :D ). Myself and my friend RICHARD NIXON were really good at the game (for noobs), we dominated everyone in the class so we decided to start playing online. We were alright players, average K/D's, generally messing about like noobs do. After a few weeks of playing Nixon decided he'd had enough of Halo and started playing something else. I on the other hand was still playing, meeting people (e.g Norba, LO_ol, Adler++, jaCkLE, N001B, Dean, Naj, T1MM7, Vodka) and improving my skills. After a few months of playing UFG ALL VEHICLE BLOODGULCH and {XG}Classic CTF (my skills were averagely good), I met {XG}Jack in a game, pwnd him hard, and he asked me to join {XG}. I joined {XG}, started talking to/playing with all the members and after a couple of months Gijs (before I knew him properly) gave me admin on a couple of servers... And that's how I started in {XG}.

Vintage

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2014, 12:55:56 »
Nice... All of your stories are nice.

I miss them precious old days :')
I miss my old online life. I've met sooo much people and my internet personality has been through many :')

By the way, are you guys familiar with these clans? (Clans in the past)

Scoped n deadly, Uber Red vs Blue, Ultimate Halo Players, Ultimate Halo Snipers, Sky (lead by Luke), Outkast, Retribution. Strength and Honor.
Those are the clans that had an impact on my online life :D

Vintage

« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2014, 13:04:56 »
Oh, do you guys remember the "famous" Halo clans?

The Inferno Tempest
The Lord Protectorate
LSR
SR
SmG
DG

or even the dedicated server on Yoyorast. "No B*tching, It's dedicated"

Naming all these just gives me memories.

Offline Blazer

• -=CЯУPTΞЖ=-
  • +78/-1
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2014, 13:07:51 »
Scoped n deadly
Yep.

The Inferno Tempest
The Lord Protectorate
LSR
SR
SmG
DG

1.No
2.No
3.LOL
4.Yes
5.Still active
6.Still active

Vintage

« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2014, 13:14:56 »
Scoped n deadly
Yep.

The Inferno Tempest
The Lord Protectorate
LSR
SR
SmG
DG

1.No
2.No
3.LOL
4.Yes
5.Still active
6.Still active

I assume you know how the first or second SnD got destroyed?

Offline Blazer

• -=CЯУPTΞЖ=-
  • +78/-1
  • Major General
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2014, 13:17:19 »
Yeah.

csb26

« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2014, 13:47:55 »

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2014, 16:45:12 »
... (e.g Adler++) ....

It's really sad how a good player (yes I'm talking about Adler) damages his image by glitching, being annoying and being a f*** $%&# noobtube.

Adler's a fair player. If there's no admin around to kick people who noobtube him, he'll noobtube back (which I don't really have a problem with tbh). If an {XG} goes into the server and tells him to stop, he will. He's a regular player on the servers, he understands the rules. He's always been a nice guy. He's never disrespectful.  He just doesn't like it when people play unfair with him, so he plays unfair back.

AnonAymous

« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2014, 17:49:09 »
... (e.g Adler++) ....

It's really sad how a good player (yes I'm talking about Adler) damages his image by glitching, being annoying and being a f*** $%&# noobtube.

Adler's a fair player. If there's no admin around to kick people who noobtube him, he'll noobtube back (which I don't really have a problem with tbh). If an {XG} goes into the server and tells him to stop, he will. He's a regular player on the servers, he understands the rules. He's always been a nice guy. He's never disr espectful.  He just doesn't like it when people play unfair with him, so he plays unfair back.

Bill is right he is a fair player he doesnt like noobtube and i never see him killing someone with rocket . He doesnt even use rocket for vehicles Charles :( and glitching mmm. Idk
« Last Edit: 31 May 2014, 17:52:58 by {XG}Anon R »

AnonAymous

« Reply #13 on: 31 May 2014, 18:10:48 »
I started to play Halo, 3 years ago(2011) . I was bored watching Fox news so I turn on my pc and started to search
In megaupload popular games and I finally find halo ce then few weeks after playing in the computer I download it in ny laptop and from there I started a new change in my life as gamer LOL how simple is my story  ;D

foxete91

« Reply #14 on: 01 June 2014, 11:06:16 »
Clans...
ESP
X1
Au
ALB
BLACK
JMD
i could do a very long list...xD