How to record?

• 5 Replies

NightFox

How to record?
« on: 08 May 2014, 22:31:10 »
I have been wondering what software you use to record some halo footage? what the best was for me was recording with Bandicam. didnt gave any lag and simple to use. but maybe somebody knows something better? and isnt it possible to record when playing halo in fullscreen? because i always get a blackscreen then if i see the recordings after ._. so when i record i have to play the game in window mode.

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
Re: How to record?
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2014, 00:12:00 »
MSI afterburner has recording options and it's free.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=373159
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2014, 09:51:02 »
I'm using fraps, and I've got plenty of free space available ::)

The worst part of this, is that I have ridicolously slow internet, and I have to downgrade the quality of the movie, and I end up with a footage worth 500-600mb, 480p, and I'm uploading it for almost a day..
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

NightFox

« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2014, 13:54:53 »
I'm using fraps, and I've got plenty of free space available ::)

The worst part of this, is that I have ridicolously slow internet, and I have to downgrade the quality of the movie, and I end up with a footage worth 500-600mb, 480p, and I'm uploading it for almost a day..

hmm but you can compress right? or do you mean that with downgrading the quality? otherwise if you compress the video and you probably still end up with 480p but then you have a file that is about 300-500 mb. and 480p isnt that bad btw haha ^^

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2014, 20:31:43 »
What I mean under 'downgrading' is just the resolution, since I'm using AVS to edit videos and montages, and even at 240p it's not pixelated, just a little blurry :p And yeah, messed up a little, now I started to make 720p videos, and they are worth 500-600mb in a 5 minute video. With 480p it's about 345 ::)

Also, I'm cutting about raw 10-14gb files, the uncrompressed video would take about 2-3gb when uploading, but it would be 1080p instantly ;D Also, at my brother's house I've got pretty decent and good connection, so sometimes I spend the weekdays editing, and the weekend to upload it at my brother's house :p

I didn't made a single montage since February, I want to make a last tribute to Halo Ce, or I don't know, in order to remember the shutting down date of the masterserver.. I know, halo will be there after that, but we are going to loose at least half of our players.. There will be a few servers, filled with pros, or just skilled players who have knowledge how things are going with xfire, so, no more Nuevo001 or stuff like that :(

It is going to be about 15-20 minutes, already started to watch through all of my previous footages, mark the best moments, and edit them into one big montage, and there will be few words, or even a podcast-related video, I don't know yet.. Thinking about it, I'm going to organize events like that after all of this, maybe we won't suffer a lot after the beginning of June.. We will see about that ;D
Now I have to sleep, I'm tired like hell:c
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

NightFox

« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2014, 15:03:14 »
What I mean under 'downgrading' is just the resolution, since I'm using AVS to edit videos and montages, and even at 240p it's not pixelated, just a little blurry :p And yeah, messed up a little, now I started to make 720p videos, and they are worth 500-600mb in a 5 minute video. With 480p it's about 345 ::)

Also, I'm cutting about raw 10-14gb files, the uncrompressed video would take about 2-3gb when uploading, but it would be 1080p instantly ;D Also, at my brother's house I've got pretty decent and good connection, so sometimes I spend the weekdays editing, and the weekend to upload it at my brother's house :p

I didn't made a single montage since February, I want to make a last tribute to Halo Ce, or I don't know, in order to remember the shutting down date of the masterserver.. I know, halo will be there after that, but we are going to loose at least half of our players.. There will be a few servers, filled with pros, or just skilled players who have knowledge how things are going with xfire, so, no more Nuevo001 or stuff like that :(

It is going to be about 15-20 minutes, already started to watch through all of my previous footages, mark the best moments, and edit them into one big montage, and there will be few words, or even a podcast-related video, I don't know yet.. Thinking about it, I'm going to organize events like that after all of this, maybe we won't suffer a lot after the beginning of June.. We will see about that ;D
Now I have to sleep, I'm tired like hell:c

ohh thats really nice. i am looking forward to that montage then :D cant wait to see it ^^ do you have your other montages uploaded to youtube? if i could i would  like to see them. and those events would be nice. and i dont know if its already going to happen otherwise XG should warn everybody that comes in the serves about the server shutdown. and that they need to come to Xg forums if they want to keep playing ;p so we can save as much as we can.

and yeah its nice you can upload bigger files at your brothers house. because those files get so big O.o its ridiculous sometimes how fast you are at a few Gigs when you recorded some footage. and yeah its a little bit sad that the master server is going to close :( going to miss those players that stand against the wall shooting in the ground or walking around the map enjoying themselves without knowing whats going on. sometimes i dont even kill them because i know they are no harm lolol.