Changing my ISP!

• 9 Replies

csb26

Changing my ISP!
« on: 25 January 2014, 13:21:41 »
I'll be off for 5-15 days as i'm changing my isp , procedure is a little bit long so it can take more than a week , so i can't come online on forums nor in xfire

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
Re: Changing my ISP!
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2014, 20:14:11 »
In my country you can ask your new ISP to start a procedure to take over your old phone number and discontinue your existing contract.
They try to take it over without any outages, but when changing from the same medium (e.g. ADSL to ADSL or fiber to fiber) it can cause issues where it takes multiple days before having internet again.

It once took over 2 weeks while we didn't have tv, internet and telephone... (was really boring and annoying....)
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

Offline {XG}Light

• +17/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2014, 20:17:01 »
What kind of procedure are you talking about lol? Are you disconnecting your old ISP before you connect the new one, cuz I have never heard of 5 to 15 days lol.
You can call and say "I want my new ISP Tomorrow or i change ISP" and you get the new ISP Tomorrow xD

csb26

« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2014, 10:28:39 »
i don't know if i use the ISP correctly here  ;D , so let me explain... i have to first buy a new fixed line ( landline phone , home phone or whatever you call it) and than i've to submit the disconnection application for my old internet and than apply for new one , and than they'll check my area ( idk why they need to do that maybe something technical ) and than they'll  set the internet ( the next day) and done...

Right now i'm taking demo and did the ping test to France Netherlands and USA server..
my ping was almost constant , jitter was 1-3 , ping was 50+ than that of my previous connection but was stable .... and ( ofc) packet data lost was 0%....

Offline Gijs

• Founder of the {XG} Clan
  • Clan Leader
  • +119/-31
    • View Profile
    • Elite Game Servers
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2014, 12:25:29 »
Usually packet loss and jitter are not caused by your ISP but by the connection between your house and the telephone exchange.
In my country all isp's share the same telephone exchange, so that isn't going to solve it I'm afraid.

However if you had a bad ISP they might not have sufficient capacity after the telephone exchange and in that case switching ISP might help.
Elite Game Servers, Premium Game and Voice Server Hosting

csb26

« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2014, 12:04:58 »
Usually packet loss and jitter are not caused by your ISP but by the connection between your house and the telephone exchange.
In my country all isp's share the same telephone exchange, so that isn't going to solve it I'm afraid.

However if you had a bad ISP they might not have sufficient capacity after the telephone exchange and in that case switching ISP might help.
I'm back , finally!! got a good internet connection ( stable connection ) ... i tried playing halo and i didn't lagged a "bit" ...  and i think i had a bad isp before but right now i'm happy with what i got  :)

foxete91

« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2014, 13:59:40 »
That's a really good news. Hope you enjoy your new net and practice for our next 1on1 = )

csb26

« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2014, 18:02:56 »
i played in classic ctf , and i must say that playing with such a stable ping with fluctuation not more than 10 was awesome and i took the screenshot  :) ( somehow that screenshot is not uploading in xfire so i had to attach it , i scored 20 kill streak in that map  ;) ;)

Offline {XG}EagleFL

• +42/-2
  • You can't kill me, it's ill-eagle.
    • View Profile
    • I drank Pyro's milk - I refuse to cooperate
« Reply #8 on: 01 February 2014, 02:18:11 »
My son. ::)

Daddy is proud, CSB ;D
PVP Whore - Refers to a player who's near soul purpose in the game environment is the uberpwn destruction of other players.

I put the panic in hispanic.
youtube.com/user/WhiteEagleRevenger/

csb26

« Reply #9 on: 01 February 2014, 04:03:34 »
Thank you Charles, oldschool and "DADDY" and everyone  ;) ...
Now i've got no excuses for playing bad in halo,