• View Profile
Re: OS versus!!
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2013, 18:40:30 »
泣いて暮らすも一生笑って暮らすも一生。
Naite kurasu mo issei, waratte kurasu mo issei

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2013, 12:50:54 »
Silly question IMO. There's no correct answer.

Windows is good at gaming, industrial tasks, office tasks and general usage.
MAC OS is good at multimedia and general usage.
Linux is good at industrial tasks, office tasks, gaming, multimedia, mobile applications but is not as good for general usage as some OS's are really complex to understand, and some don't even come with a user interface :p

Each perform moderately the same. MAC and Linux are more powerful in terms of programming (Linux = C/C++/C#, Windows = VB) and the way they're built, but then again the worlds most powerful scientific project ever was made using WINDOWS.

Appearance wise there's nothing between them. It's just what suits the user best. In my personal preference I prefer windows 7; it's easy to navigate around and keeps shit simple.

csb26

« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2013, 17:36:44 »
Linux is good at industrial tasks, office tasks,gaming , multimedia, mobile applications but is not as good for general usage as some OS's are really complex to understand, and some don't even come with a user interface :p

i never used linux but some of my engineer cs (computer science) friends told me not to use linux for gaming..... instead use windows 7
Windows 7 is better than Linux for gaming but Linux is good for CS:S and WOW if you don't f*ck around too much.

Offline {XG}BillClinton

• Clan Leader
  • +89/-7
  • I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2013, 17:45:58 »
i never used linux but some of my engineer cs (computer science) friends told me not to use linux for gaming..... instead use windows 7
Windows 7 is better than Linux for gaming but Linux is good for CS:S and WOW if you don't f*ck around too much.

Linux uses a superior equivalent to Direct X in OpenGL; meaning devices are capable of playing games just as they would on Windows.. that's also why Steam are now allowing Linux gamers to play certain steam games, with more big name games soon to be announced within the next year.

The only reasons why Linux isn't already a recognised gaming platform are: A) It's a free source platform.. No one expected people to pay for games. B) Most Linux platforms are made for industry C) Linux is geeky! D) Most game developers develop games for the most popular OS, which Windows is.

Offline {XG}Light

• +17/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2013, 18:07:19 »

Linux uses a superior equivalent to Direct X in OpenGL; meaning devices are capable of playing games just as they would on Windows.. that's also why Steam are now allowing Linux gamers to play certain steam games, with more big name games soon to be announced within the next year.

The only reasons why Linux isn't already a recognised gaming platform are: A) It's a free source platform.. No one expected people to pay for games. B) Most Linux platforms are made for industry C) Linux is geeky! D) Most game developers develop games for the most popular OS, which Windows is.
Linux is a secret plan of the KGB, the Communists and especially Pingu (referred to in the symbol of the operating system) to destroy America, conquer the world and then be able to start a new game of Risk. It is a mysterious operating system that everyone talks about but no one installs.
Linux has the following features:
It is open source (but no one cares).
It's free (like many other operating systems, including the famous "Windows7_Ultimate_ + Crack + Activation + n.creditcardofbillgates", easily found on the Internet).
Supports associations that protect the rights of penguins and GNU.
It's better than Windows [citation needed] [1], but apparently no one cares [citation needed].